On June 1, 2017, the city of Lake Crystal learned that it has been awarded a $59,000 grant from the Outdoor Recreation Program of the Minnesota Department of Natural Resources. This grant will be used for extensive upgrades at Robinson Park.
The project will include:
• A new ADA restroom complete with changing stations. This part of the project qualifies as the City’s in-kind contribution.
• Nearly 7,000 square feet of native flowers and grasses planted near the shoreline to reduce erosion and reduce to the amount of runoff that reaches the lake. The area will also become a habitat for bees, birds, frogs and other small animals.
• Approximately 600 feet of ADA-compliant trail that will ramble through the new plantings and connect the parking lot with the lakeshore.
• Interpretive signs to educate visitors about the plants, the goals of the restoration and the wildlife.
• 36′ ADA-compliant fishing pier donated by Crystal Loon Lake Recreation Association, Crystal Waters Project and Hewitt Docks.
The work must be completed by the end of 2018.
• $81,000 – City of Lake Crystal: New restroom facility
• $59,000 – MN DNR: trail, plantings, signs
See the poster below for more information.Grant-Poster.pdf